TWO PRODUCTION SITES OF
production capacity of 6,000 tons per year
production capacity of 12,000 tons per year
NEAR THE HARVESTED FIELDS TO MINIMIZE THE SHIPPING TIME FROM THE FIELDS TO THE BEGINNING OF THE PRODUCTION:
• latest generation processing and cut selection washing machines with automated supervision that guarantee constant quality and process control;
• rapid average in-out processing times of less than 4 minutes in order to preserve the finished product’s freshness and fragrance;
• in-out management of transfers and of the finished product in real-time with traceability guaranteed by a computerised central system;
• insulation of the rooms during the cutting phase at controlled temperatures to block any microbial proliferation;
• automatic dosage of the ingredients by remixing and ultra-soft dose measurement systems, to avoid shocks and damages of the finished product;
• filling of the containers in a conditioned environment 12°C;
• dedicated laboratory to sample the process and check safety in real time;
• management of 7000 pallet spaces in cold rooms at temperatures between 0-2°C;
• timely logistics designed to meet client needs in order to avoid the quality being degraded during shipping of up to 40 hours.
HARVESTING IN BINS
50 kg bins are used for harvesting in order NOT to compress the basil under its own weight but to leave it to “breathe”. The basil leaf therefore avoids fermentation of any kind. This practice is very different from that used in the enormous farms forced to speed up the harvesting process using 10,000 kg farm wagons which inevitably compress the basil and means the raw material already has a large microbial load when it arrives at the processing plant.